lørdag, desember 06, 2008

Cheeky new times for Chinese artists.

Posted by Picasa
On a trip to Beijing in November for work togehter with colleques Trond Hjorteland (the photographer of this photo) and two other guys - we did for a couple of days touristy things in Beijing to get the feel of the country and capital. We came across this painters gallery.
(Rather they came across us - as a nice lady in her late twenties invited us to come to see the paint exhibition by the "Art institute something" of Beijing.

Usually we turn these kind of girls down as they usually drag you into something really uniteresting and pushy situations - where you somehove have to buy stuff you don't want.

However the paintings were quite good. Now I don't usully post photo's of naked ladies on this blog - I am far too pious for that, but somehow I fell for this three paintings. Nothing I would have liked to put on my sitting room wall - however I liked the ambuity of the message in the paintings.

And yes we did buy something - all four of us after good haggeling for a while where we got the asking price about 50% down. Come to my home for a look -it is something that can hang on the wall of a pastor.
BTW - have the readers noticed something strange about this blog?
It is in English. After some pressure from a good friend of mine I am at least for the time being changing the language into English -

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar